|★ 523 Hike：Smangus Giant Ancient Trees 2012/7/7(Sat.)~7/8(Sun.) 司馬庫斯神木群
Smangus—The Tribe of God, The Home of Atayal.
Smangus is located in the remote mountain of Jianshi township in Hsinchu. Smangus consists of Atayal aborigines and was completely isolated from the outsi⋯⋯de world.
Smangus Tribe pictures:
In this trip, we’ll explore the giant ancient tree and aboriginal culture of Smangus. By the way, we’ll also visit nearby remote aboriginal villages—
*zhenxibao鎮西堡and Xīnguang新光--famous for beautiful church and lovely forest elementary school.
*Taigang泰崗—with great peach farms, Now is just the peach season! If you like fresh peach, here is best place to buy.
* Xiuluan秀巒—famous for Xiuluan wild stream hot spring. Here we’ll go down the river to enjoy the amazing hot spring.
* Yulao宇老—with great mountain view, the best place for taking mountain pictures.
* Neiwan內灣— a famous tourist town, good place to buy traditional Taiwanese food and souvenir.
★ Leader：YiRu Li 0988-580-662
★ Gathering Time: July 7th (Saturday) AM 8:10
(Please be on time because we’ll depart at AM 8:30.)
★ Gathering Place：Taipei MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Station Exit 2
★ Deadline to register：June 28th (Thursday) or when fully booked (Limited: 20 persons)
報名截止日: 2012/6/28 (四)
★ How to register：
1. Participants are required to send a completed registration form and pay the fee to guarantee their place on the trip. Please note that places cannot be reserved until the registration process has been completed in full.
2. The registration form must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following personal information
請將以下報名資料寄至523@523.org.tw, 並繳費完成, 才算完成報名手續並保留車位
1. 參加活動名稱/日期Activity Name/Date
3. 身份證字號Passport number
5. 血型Blood Type
6. 出生年月日(Date of Birth)(yyyy/mm/dd)
10. 住家電話Home tel.
11. 公司電話Office tel.
12. 行動電話Cell phone
14. 緊急聯絡人姓名/關係Emergency Contact Name and Relationship.
15. 緊急聯絡人電話Emergency Contact Phone Number
16. 素食與否 (vegetarian)(yes or no)
17. 匯款是否完成? Is the payment finished? (Yes or No)
18. 匯款人銀行帳號後5碼 Last 5 number of participant's bank account (For checking if the payment is successful. email@example.com will e-mail a result of payment to participant.)
(Just registering here on the 523 Facebook page is not acceptable.)
Non-members NT4,000. Members NT 3,700
The fee includes all transportation costs, food (please bring your own lunch on day 1 and dinner of day 2), accommodation(Japanese style bed, 3-6 people one room), NT 2 million accident and medical insurance, services of the group leader, full guidance on the trip, a safety fund, and administrative costs.
(Like to be 523 members? Each year only costs NT500!)
非會員: NT 4,000 會員: NT 3,700
Please pay the total amount to the following account.
Beneficiary：523 Mountaineering Association
Bank：Taiwan Cooperative Bank, Shuang Lian Branch (bank code "006")
(banking charges borne by yourself)
D1: 7/7 (Saturday) 8:30 Depart from Taipei. → 10:30 Lunch at Neiwan內灣(please bring your own lunch or buy at Neiwan) → 12:30 Yulao宇老 → 13:30 Xiuluan秀巒 Hot Spring → 15:00 Xīnguang新光, arrive B&B (Japanese style bed) and look around zhenxibao鎮西堡, Xīnguang新光, and walnut trail.
D2: 7/8 (Sunday) 07:00 Depart from Xinguang新光. → 8:30 Arrive Smangus Giant Ancient Trees trailhead and start hiking.司馬庫斯神木群步道口→ 14:00 back to Smangus village and have lunch. Look around Smangus village. 司馬庫斯部落→ 15:00 Depart from Smangus. → 20:00 Arrive Taipei.台北
★ Personal Equipment：
Please bring small backpack, rain gear, clothes for 2 days, warm clothes (Xinguang village is 1800m high, could be 10ﾟC degrees lower than Taipei), hiking shoes, slippers or sandals, sunscreen, personal medication, toothbrush, toothpaste, bath soap, shampoo, towel, water container, spoon and bowl, snack, lunch on day 1 & dinner of day 2, spare cash and ID (ID with passport number, for permition application at Xiuluan).
★ Points for Attention：
1. Please follow the team leader’s instructions. Do not leave the group.
2. If you feel unwell during the trip, please let the team leader know immediately.
3. At least 6 people are required for this activity to proceed. If less than 6 people register, the activity will be cancelled.
4. If participants cancel the trip for personal reasons before 5 days of departure, they will receive a 80% refund of their registration fees.
Participants who cancel the trip for personal reasons in 5-2 days of departure will receive a 70% refund of their registration fees.
Participants who cancel the trip for personal reasons in 1 day of departure will receive a 50% refund of their registration fees.
Unfortunately, no refunds can be given to participants who cancel the trip on the day of departure.
5. In the event of typhoons, closure of the mountain, or other factors beyond our control, we will either postpone or cancel the activity based on official announcements from the meteorological authorities or relevant government departments. If participants are forced to cancel because they are unable to attend a rescheduled activity, they will receive a refund after NT200 has been deducted for insurance and administrative costs.
Thank you for your understanding!
6. In the event that the closure of the mountain during the trip forces us to abandon our original itinerary, the association reserves the right to alter the original itinerary, destinations visited, or food and accommodation provided. If any cost savings are made as a result, they will be refunded to participants after the trip is completed.