|★ Deadline to register：2013/4/19 (Friday) or when fully booked (Limited: 10 persons)
Nanhu Mountain is 3,742 meters high and the highest peak in the Central Mountain Range. It is also one of the Five Mountains of Taiwan.
Its most well-known characteristic is the cirque, which is circled by two ridges, one reaching from the north peak to the northeast peak and the other from the east peak to the summit. It is generally believed to be a cirque left over from the last ice age.
In Nanhu, flora mainly includes alpine tundra ecosystems and coniferous forest ecosystems. Unique plants commonly seen here are Juniperus squamata, alpine azalea, and hemlock. Old growth forests cover most of this area, making an ideal living environment for mammals. As a result, a wide variety of mammals live in the area between Nanhu Mountain and Central Range Point, including Formosan rock monkeys, muntjacs, white-headed flying squirrels, alpine accentors, and Formosan laughing thrushes.
In late May, flowers bloom everywhere in Nanhu Mountain. Let’s go to enjoy the most beautiful flower season in Taiwan’s High Montains!
Event Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10152677120040282&type=1
★ Leader：YiRu Li 0988-580-662, firstname.lastname@example.org ; 賴介中
★ Pre-activity Meeting：May 7th (Tuesday) PM 19:30 at 523 office
7F, No. 189, Sec.3, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei, Taiwan (Tai-power Building Station, Exit 3)
★ Gathering Time: May 22th (Wednesday) PM 19:00 (Please be on time because we’ll depart at PM 19:30.)
集合時間：5/22(三) PM 19:00 (請勿遲到，因我們將於PM 19:30出發)
★ Gathering Place：Taipei MRT Tai-power Building Exit 1
★ Deadline to register：April 19th (Friday) or when fully booked (Limited: 10 persons)
報名截止日: 2013/4/19 (五)
※Please be noted that we need to register National Park permits one month ago. Thus, if you are sure you can join, please just send your personal data before 2013/4/19(Fri.).
We’ll apply the permits for you first!
Taroko National Park will announce our application result around 2013/4/26(Friday). Then we’ll send each participant a notice to pay the participation fee before 2013/5/1(Wednesday).
★ How to register：
If you registered 523 hikes by registration form before, please email again to make sure the priority. The registration form must be forwarded to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org with the following personal information (After making sure to go, we will give you a payment notice):
已報過523之前活動留有資料的人，還是請您再寄一次，以確認報名優先順序。請將以下報名資料寄至 email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org (確定成行後另行通知繳費)
1. 參加活動名稱/日期Activity Name/Date
3. 身份證字號Passport number
5. 血型Blood Type
6. 出生年月日(Date of Birth)(yyyy/mm/dd)
10. 住家電話Home tel.
11. 公司電話Office tel.
12. 行動電話Cell phone
14. 緊急聯絡人姓名/關係Emergency Contact Name and Relationship.
15. 緊急聯絡人電話(台灣地區)Emergency Contact Phone Number (Taiwan area)
16. 素食與否 (vegetarian)(yes or no)
(Just registering here on the 523 Facebook page is not acceptable.)不接受只在523臉書上的登記
Non-member NT 6,200, Member NT 5,900
(After making sure to go : At least 9 people register and successfully get the permits, we will give you a payment notice)
The fee includes the pre-activity meeting, all transportation costs, Hostel, food (10 meals, D1: breakfast, lunch and dinner, D2: breakfast and dinner, D3: breakfast, lunch and dinner, D4: breakfast and lunch), D4 Lunch at the restaurant, NT3 million accident and medical insurance, services of the group leader and guide, full guidance on the trip, group equipment, park ticket, a safety fund, applying permit and other administrative costs.
(Want to be a 523 member? NT 500/person or NTD 800/family member, with validity 1/1～12/31)
非會員：6,200元，會員：5,900元 (確定成行後:至少9人報名並入園申請成功, 另行通知繳費)
D0 5/22 (Wednesday) 19:30 Depart 出發 → 22:30 The hostel in YuLan Village 玉蘭村(茶鄉園民宿-四人套房)
D1 5/23 (Thursday) 07:00 Start hiking 出發 → 11:00 Entrance of 6.8K Trail 710 → 13:30 Tuochiatun Cabin 多加屯山 → 15:00 Mukan Saddle 木杆鞍部 → 16:00 New Yunleng Cabin 雲稜山莊C1
D2 5/24 (Friday) 06:00 Start hiking 出發 → 08:45 Shenmazhen Mountain 審馬陣山→12:00 North Peak Cross Road 南湖北峰登山口→ Nanhu Mountain North Peak 南湖北峰→ Wuyanfeng 五岩峰→15:00 Nanhu Shelter 南胡山屋C2
D3 5/25 (Saturday) 04:00 Start hiking 出發 → 06:00 Nanhu Mountain East Peak 南湖大山東峰 → 08:30 Nanhu Mountain 南湖大山→ 09:30 Nanhu Mountain Cabin 南湖山屋 → 11:00 Nanhu Mountain North Peak crossing 南湖大山北峰登山口→Shenmazhen Cross Road 審馬陣山登山口 → 16:30 New Yunleng Cabin 雲稜山莊C3
D4 5/26 (Sunday) 04:00 Start hiking 出發 → 04:30 Mukan Saddle 木杆鞍部 → 08:30 6.8K Mountain entrance 登山口 → 09:45 Trailhead 思源啞口登山口 →11:45 JiaoXi Hot Spring 礁溪春和溫泉 → 13:00 Lunch at restaurant 慶功宴→ 17:00 Arrive Taipei 返回台北
★ Personal Equipment：
Large backpack, small backpack, waterproof backpack cover, swimming suits, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, hiking socks, hiking shoes, slippers or sandals, hiking pole(s), windproof outer jacket (with attached hood), warm layer (pile or down), base layer, spare clothes, spare socks, gloves, warm hat, two-piece waterproof layer (top and bottom), torch, spare batteries, water container (Metal container, we’ll cook hot water every morning in the cabins.), toilet paper, personal medication, spoon and bowl, trash bags, D2 Lunch, nutrition bars or other snacks, ARC or passport, NHI card, spare cash. Detailed instructions on what to pack will be provided at the pre-activity meeting.
大背包、小背包、背包套、泳衣、睡袋、睡墊、厚襪、登山鞋、涼鞋or拖鞋、登山杖、防風外套(附帽子)、保暖衣(pile or 羽毛衣)、排汗衣、備用衣物、備用襪、手套、防寒帽、兩節式雨衣、頭燈、備用電池、水壺(鋼)、衛生紙、個人藥品用品、鋼杯湯匙、垃圾袋、第二天午餐、行動糧、身份證、健保卡、備用金，行前會議有詳細說明裝備事宜。
★ Points for Attention：
1. Need to share and carry public equipment and food. Please prepare your personal water and snack on the march.
2. Please follow the team leader’s instructions. Do not leave the group.
3. If you feel unwell during the trip, please let the team leader know immediately.
4. At least 9 people are required for this activity to proceed. If less than 9 people register, the activity will be cancelled.
5. We are required to apply for permits for this trip. Participants who cancel more than two weeks before the trip will receive a 70% refund of their registration fees. Unfortunately, no refunds can be given to participants who cancel in the two weeks before departure.
6. In the event of typhoons, closure of the mountain, or other factors beyond our control, we will either postpone or cancel the activity based on official announcements from the meteorological authorities or relevant government departments. If participants are forced to cancel because they are unable to attend a rescheduled activity, they will receive a refund after NT200 has been deducted for insurance and administrative costs.
Thank you for your understanding!
7. In the event that the closure of the mountain during the trip forces us to abandon our original itinerary, the association reserves the right to alter the original itinerary, destinations visited, or food and accommodation provided. If any cost savings are made as a result, they will be refunded to participants after the trip is completed.