|★ Deadline to register：2013/5/15 (Wednesday) or when fully booked (Limited: 10 persons)
Chilai is in the center of Central Mountain Range. Although a visit of the Chilai North Peak does not require any difficult climbing, many hikers have got into trouble on the mountain over the years. The mountain’s dangerous reputation together with the dark color of its rocks has given it the name “Black Chilai”. However, most accidents on the mountain have happened due inadequate regard for safety and a lack of basic knowledge of the area.
Chilai North Peak is one of the “10 jun” (or steep mountain) in the list of Taiwan’s highest 100 peaks. On one side of Chilai North Peak lie beautiful grasslands, and on the other magnificent black cliffs. Chilai is definitely worth a visit, where you will definitely leave with unforgettable memory in life.
★ Leader：YiRu Li 0988-580-662, email@example.com ; Chris Shih
★ Pre-activity Meeting：2013/6/4 (Tuesday) PM 19:30 at 523 office
7F, No. 189, Sec.3, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei, Taiwan (Tai-power Building Station, Exit 3)
★ Gathering Time: 2013/6/20 (Thursday) PM 19:00 (Please be on time because we’ll depart at PM 19:30.)
集合時間：6/20(四) PM 19:00 (請勿遲到，因我們將於PM 19:30出發)
★ Gathering Place：Taipei MRT Tai-power Building Exit 1
★ Deadline to register：2013/5/15 (Wednesday) or when fully booked (Limited: 10 persons)
報名截止日: 2013/5/15 (三)
※Please be noted that we need to register National Park permits one month ago. Thus, if you are sure you can join, please just send your personal data before 2013/5/15(Wednesday).
We’ll apply the permits for you first!
Taroko National Park will announce our application result around 2013/5/23(Thursday). Then we’ll send each participant a notice to pay the participation fee before 2013/5/29(Wednesday).
★ How to register：
If you registered 523 hikes by registration form before, please email again to make sure the priority. The registration form must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com with the following personal information (After making sure to go, we will give you a payment notice):
已報過523之前活動留有資料的人，還是請您再寄一次，以確認報名優先順序。請將以下報名資料寄至 firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com (確定成行後另行通知繳費)
1. 參加活動名稱/日期Activity Name/Date
3. 身份證字號Passport number
5. 血型Blood Type
6. 出生年月日(Date of Birth)(yyyy/mm/dd)
10. 住家電話Home tel.
11. 公司電話Office tel.
12. 行動電話Cell phone
14. 緊急聯絡人姓名/關係Emergency Contact Name and Relationship.
15. 緊急聯絡人電話(台灣地區)Emergency Contact Phone Number (Taiwan area)
16. 素食與否 (vegetarian)(yes or no)
(Just registering here on the 523 Facebook page is not acceptable.)不接受只在523臉書上的登記
Non-member NT 5,700, Member NT 5,400
(After making sure to go : At least 9 people register and successfully get the permits, we will give you a payment notice)
The fee includes the pre-activity meeting, all transportation costs, Hostel, food (3 meals on D1 & D2, breakfast and lunch on D3), D3 Lunch at the restaurant, NT3 million accident and medical insurance, services of the group leader and guide, full guidance on the trip, group equipment, park ticket, a safety fund, applying permit and other administrative costs.
(Want to be a 523 member? NT 500/person or NTD 800/family member, with validity 1/1～12/31)
非會員：5,700元，會員：5,400元 (確定成行後:至少9人報名並入園申請成功, 另行通知繳費)
Day 0 : 6/20 (Thursday) 19:30 Depart from Taipei.台北 --> 22:30 Puli(埔里) --> 23:30 The Hostel
Day 1：6/21 (Friday) 06: 00 get up & breakfast --> 07:30 Set out -->10:00 Ski Lodge松雪樓(3130M)-->11:30 Black Pond Lodge黑水塘山屋(2710M) -->13:30 Chenggong Mountain Lodge成功山屋(2860M)
Day 2：6/22 (Saturday) 02: 00 get up & breakfast --> 03:00 Set out --> 04:10 The Fork to Chilai Main and North Peak.主北岔路(3118M) -->06:00 Main Ridge Fork. Watch the spectacular sunrise. 主稜岔路,看日出--> 08:00 Chilai North Peak.北峰(3607M) --> 10:00 Chilai Lodge. Have Lunch.奇萊山屋, 午餐 --> 13:30 Chilai Main Peak 主峰(3560M) --> 15:30 Chilai Lodge 奇萊山屋--> 18:00 Chenggong Mountain Lodge 成功山屋
(Carry daypack. Today is long and climbing 2 peaks. You may see personal condition to choose just finishing Chilai North Peak.)可視體力狀況僅攀爬北峰
Day 3：6/23 (Sunday) 05: 00 get up & breakfast --> 06:00 Set out --> 10:30 Ski Lodge 松雪樓 --> 13:00 Puli. Lunch to celebrate our success! 埔里,慶功宴--> 18:00 Return to Taipei. 台北
★ Personal Equipment：
Large backpack, small backpack, waterproof backpack cover, swimming suits, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, hiking socks, hiking shoes, slippers or sandals, hiking pole(s), windproof outer jacket (with attached hood), warm layer (pile or down), base layer, spare clothes, spare socks, gloves, warm hat, two-piece waterproof layer (top and bottom), torch, spare batteries, water container (Metal container, we’ll cook hot water every morning in the cabins.), toilet paper, personal medication, spoon and bowl, trash bags, D2 Lunch, nutrition bars or other snacks, ARC or passport, NHI card, spare cash. Detailed instructions on what to pack will be provided at the pre-activity meeting.
大背包、小背包、背包套、泳衣、睡袋、睡墊、厚襪、登山鞋、涼鞋or拖鞋、登山杖、防風外套(附帽子)、保暖衣(pile or 羽毛衣)、排汗衣、備用衣物、備用襪、手套、防寒帽、兩節式雨衣、頭燈、備用電池、水壺(鋼)、衛生紙、個人藥品用品、鋼杯湯匙、垃圾袋、第二天午餐、行動糧、身份證、健保卡、備用金，行前會議有詳細說明裝備事宜。
★ Points for Attention：
1. Need to share and carry public equipment and food. Please prepare your personal water and snack on the march.
2. Please follow the team leader’s instructions. Do not leave the group.
3. If you feel unwell during the trip, please let the team leader know immediately.
4. At least 9 people are required for this activity to proceed. If less than 9 people register, the activity will be cancelled.
5. We are required to apply for permits for this trip. Participants who cancel more than two weeks before the trip will receive a 70% refund of their registration fees. Unfortunately, no refunds can be given to participants who cancel in the two weeks before departure.
6. In the event of typhoons, closure of the mountain, or other factors beyond our control, we will either postpone or cancel the activity based on official announcements from the meteorological authorities or relevant government departments. If participants are forced to cancel because they are unable to attend a rescheduled activity, they will receive a refund after NT200 has been deducted for insurance and administrative costs.
Thank you for your understanding!
7. In the event that the closure of the mountain during the trip forces us to abandon our original itinerary, the association reserves the right to alter the original itinerary, destinations visited, or food and accommodation provided. If any cost savings are made as a result, they will be refunded to participants after the trip is completed.